Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Simple Pleasures.


There's something so comforting in this season I love... and maybe this is the reason why I love it so much! Among the simple pleasures that brighten my days:

1. A crackling fire smelling good, and curling up in front of it with a good cuppa and a favorite book or journal.

2. Thinking ahead and starting creating for Christmas, which definitely is not that far away!

3. Soft, woolen sweaters.

4. Quilts and warm blankets, so warm and cozy!

5. Roasted chestnuts.

6. Pumpkin pie and everything I can cook with pumpkin! Italian tortelli, risotto, pasta, soups... you name it!

7. Delightful outdoors and walks among the changing colors, with my sweet doggie.

8. Painting pumpkins! This is one of my favorite subject to paint- love their variety and rich colors.

9. Fall decor, pumpkins and gourds, mums, baskets filled with autumnal gourgeousness!

10. Writing. Even if I write all year round, I find this season inviting and really productive. I love to just jot down thoughts on my journal, write brief essays, write cards and letters the old- fashioned way...

Do you have a favorite Fall simple pleasure?

Monica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love connecting with you!