Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Painting Pumpkins...

 

I'm definitely having fun painting pumpkins! Can an artist live without that? :)
This may be the beginning of a new tradition for me... Super pretty, unique, perfectly matching my home color scheme. And next year there will be room for new ones, instead of having to store stuff away! 
I've opted for acrylic metallic colors and polka dots- by now you should know I have a thing for them! :) Then a quick antiquing glaze (oil color, burnt umber) to be spread with a dry cloth and you're done! 




Be sure to deserve attention to the bottom too- even if they won't last, it's the difference between a good and a mediocre job. I encourage you to always pay attention to the little details!



A quick clear spray varnish will help them last a bit longer...

Happy Fall everyone!

Monica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love connecting with you!