Monday, November 19, 2012

Creative Christmas #2: Upcycled Yogurt Jars.

*Update #2* in the US, looks like you have Spega yogurt, in the UK, try Loseley. Hope this helps!*  
**Update: I hadn't realized all of you across the pond aren't able to find yoghurt in glass containers! :( It's usually the organic variety- but in any case, in the past I have also used baby food little jars to make these tealight holders!***

I love candles and lanterns. So very much. I must admit I have lots of them purchased over the years or been given as gift, and naturally, I like creating my own, too! :)
Eating yogurth nearly every day, I often have on hand several cute little glass jars. They have many creative uses... Turning them into tea light holders just takes a few minutes.


The longer part is to create the clay stars- follow my free tutorial for clay tags here.
Then you just have to wrap the jar in twine, tie a knot, add a star, secure with another knot or bow and put a tea light inside. Super easy and quick!





You may consider giving them as gifts this year, or decorate just about every corner of your home or garden on a budget! Adding a wire handle, they can be hung too.


Monica x

21 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I wish our yogurts came in jars..I would have one billion:-)
I just purchased little zinc hearts:-)
So cute Monica-

It's me said...

Owwww this is so nice Monica.....warm hugs from me....and for Kim too...love love love Ria...xxx...

Cindy said...

Cute Yogurt jars! Very good idea for Christmas gifts!

sharon's shabby creations said...

So simple so lovely so pure!!

Well done

Hugs Sharon

...the yorkshire fox... said...

Hi Monica...love love love these little beauties...after receiving my gorgeously wrapped purchase with one your delightful clay stars taking pride of place amongst the packaging, I'll be making some this coming weekend...thank you so much for the recipe, hopefully I'll be able to replicate your little darlings...much to you & Kim...Melxx :)

Mereknits said...

I am a bit obsessed with jars myself right now, love the simplicity and beauty of yours.
Hugs,
Meredith

domenica.60 said...

Dear Monica, ancora un'idea che ti copierò:)! I usually clothe yoghurt jars with crochet+a little ribbon+a charming button+ a small and scented light;my jars are pretty (I hope!),but yours are "Christmas"!
Good evening
Franca

Bonnie said...

I love these little glass jars and have been trying to find a source for them. Do you know where they can be purchased? The lanterns are so cute.

Sharon said...

I love these Monica. Simply elegant. I shall have to make some for the house.

Carolyn said...

Ah! So pretty!!!

Carolyn

Ivy and Elephants said...

These are so cute. We don't have them here, only yucky old plastic yogurt cups.
Great idea!
Hugs,
Patti

Dorthe said...

Hi Monica,
they are the sweetest and I wish I could buy youghurt in glasses, but Nope... not in DK- have to take a tour in the supermarket to see what they offers in glasses, that I like :-)
Hugs, Dorthe

Atelier Kijken met Andere Ogen said...

Vertaling:

Day Monica

I is touched by your words and your colors you Dear ideas your way of stand in life.
We are as artists in the world to the people to enjoy and to share out.
I thank you for all these nice gifts visit my blog, then you know why I've written this to you Warm Art greetings

Syta
http://wwwateliervoorhelendekunst.blogspot.com
website http://www.ateliervoorhelendekunst.nl


powered by Microsoft

kopiëren

verstuur per email

Deborah said...

Great idea they look wonderful but sadly we don't get glass jar yoghurt pots in the UK, I may use jam jars instead, thanks for sharing :)

Bee happy x

Atelier Kijken met Andere Ogen said...

dear Monica

Thank you for your loving words on my blog.
I will continue to follow your wonderful website

Greetings from the bottom of my heart
Syta

Charlene said...

What darling jars!!! Here.... Yogurt comes in UGLY plastic containers that deserve to be put in the recycle bucket. Love your project. Thanks for sharing. HUGS!
Charlene

Monica said...

In the UK, you can find Loseley yoghurt in glass jars. Hope this helps!

Jennifer Jackson Taylor said...

These are too cute! I love them. Great idea for myself who is a bit of a jar hoarder.

flowersandhome said...

Would be a great idea to use these tags on 'Bonne Maman' jam jars as well don't you think? Not as small as the yoghurt ones but still a good alternative if you can't find yoghurt in glass jars right? Love these simple but beautiful ideas!
Bye,
Marian

Monica said...

Perfect, indeed. Bonne Maman jars are so cute! Thanks for your idea, Marian.

Mil Delicias said...

Una idea estupenda.
Gracias