Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Creative Christmas #3: Glittery Felted Acorns.

Just another idea for your decorations... glittery felted acorns!
What about a tree all decked with these pretties? Or a mix of felted acorns and yarn baubles and tiny white lights? Or felted acorns, yarn baubles, pinecones and natural elements? The possibilities are endless!


You have to make felted acorns following my free tutorial.  Then spray with glue, attach Christmas inspired text and then sparkle with clear glitter. You can put glitter also on the cap, if you wish. Or do a mix of different types to add interest to your tree.
Make a teeny tiny hole into a real acorn cap with the help of a metal skewer, and make a loop with sewing thread. Attach inside with adhesive tape, and then with a dab of hot glue to the felted acorn.


... Voilà!


Stay tuned for a super giveaway coming your way in a few days! :)
Sharing my post atBecky's Blissful Whites Wednesday.
Visit all the participants for your weekly dose of creative bliss in white!
Monica x

16 comments:

  1. So darling, Monica! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie per aver condiviso questa deliziosa decorazione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Monica,
    so my there are so cute and neat ~ love them so much!!

    hugs
    Karen B. ~ Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, these are so cute!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your acorns are so beautifully felted, and such little blingy beauties. I love them Monica.
    XO,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so wonderful Monica, I just love them. Our acorn caps are teeny tiny here in Florida.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Das sind so zauberhafte Schmuckstücke! Wunderbar gemacht.
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...these are adorable!!! You are so creative..I love the little bit of sweet wisdom you write on them!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment you left me on my blog the other day...happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Acorns & your little felted, glittered acorns are adorable.
    At the moment, I have a table full of gathered acorns and pinecones making wreaths and kissing balls for the Holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you added the words Monica!
    Pinned it :)
    Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you"
    Carola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sweetie!
    These are so darned cute! Love how your brain works!! Thanks so much for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
    Hugs!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative. I love natural items for Christmas. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note.
I'm not always able to reply here in the comment section or pay a visit to your blog, but be sure I appreciate and value each and every one of you and your kind words!