Monday, November 5, 2012

What I'm Loving right now...

1.

I've always been very free in my work as an artist, but lately, who knows why, I had started to become kind of "rigid"- I'm happy to report that I've found my freedom once again! I feel I'm in my element, I'm gaining artistic momentum.

2.

You may remember them from this post.

3.

Are you in the clan of the ruby- slippers- lovers, too?? ;) I can still vividly remember the first time I owned a pair of red shoes. Such a thrill, I beamed of joy for days! Mind you, it was only a decade ago... why didn't I buy a pair earlier??

4. 

I keep you posted about it on my main blog. It's definitely helping me an awful lot through this time of my life, and greatly influencing my mood.

5. 

We're living a difficult time with our sweet Kim, but hey, life is wonderful, all is going to be all right.
Since this moment,  our life has changed, she needs medicines and constant care and attention, and I have to help her walking (she has already fallen several times due to weakness and medicines). We miss for sure our walks in the woods and park, but I pray this is just for now and we are back to them in no time. She so misses to sniff the neighborhood! Hubby and I, after lots of web surfing, finally found a gorgeous orthopedic bed for her. Can't wait for it to arrive as it has become impossible for my cootie patootie to sleep on a normal bed. Will show you once it's here.

6.

Making and creating, my heart feels at ease.

7.

Isn't it gorgeous? It belonged to his brother, my favorite uncle, who's a Franciscan friar and has served all around the world. This camera, for sure has stories to tell!

8.

... Are you bitten by the bug, too?? ;)

9.

LOVE alphabet stamps, especially the vintage ones! Found this extensive, complete set on Etsy- too good to be true! You can find me stamping everything as of late... well, I spare my hubby and the doggie! ;)
Hope your week started off nicely!
Monica x

13 comments:

  1. What a great list. Love that camera.
    I'm so sorry that Kim isn't feeling better. I just saw one of those beds today......it looks so comfy. Hope she gets back to her old self soon. She is such a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you "live" your art, Monica. I admire that.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that you're back creating in your element again, Monica! As always, your art & images are gorgeous. LOVE the first one so very much!
    I had a lot of fun creating new little things for Fall, and now I'm heading back into "that place" to create new things for Christmas.
    Looking forward to what you will share next!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Kim...so sorry to hear this all darling.....hugs for Kim...and you....i hope she will recover soon....how old is Kim darling???

    Love from me...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have you artistic momentum going again, Monica! Don't let that talent linger! Your photos are just beautiful!

    Kim is so lucky to have you for such a gentle and caring mother! I hope she is comfortable and happy in her new bed!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica,
    My Husbands cousin is an Franciscan Priest in Arizona. He married Gary and I and baptized our girls.
    You have been busy creating beauty..keep doing what makes your heart sing.
    I hope your sweet kim is back up on her four paws very soon.
    Sending hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I'm so glad your creativity is springing up once again. And I'm glad you are managing Kim's health difficulties so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweet,sweet roundup of precious moments to end happily my evening!
    Good night
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Love your blog! I also had a Franciscan uncle (Fr. Emery Tang, OFM) who was also a photographer. Maybe they knew each other - as the Franciscan community is fairly small. I miss my uncle, as he passed away a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post--love the polaroid look :) Great old camera..and great new one too :)Sending good wishes to your sweet doggie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful post Monica but i am so sorry to hear about Kim. I hope the bed will help her, and that she will be able to get back to sniffing and snooping in the neighbourhood soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hI mONICA, I am sorry to hear about Kim, we were having similar trouble with my dog Kula, you may want to see my last post. Crossing my fingers for Kim. Glad you are enjoying your new found freedom in your art again, of course anything you do I think is just perfect. saending you a big hug, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My darling friend~ I am SO happy to hear that you are spreading your wings again! Let your sweet spirit soar...ALWAYS. I was saddened to learn that your beloved Kim is having medical troubles. Prayers, hugs and LOTS of love to all three of you (hubby included of course)

    Kimberly (Serendipit-Us)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note.
I'm not always able to reply here in the comment section or pay a visit to your blog, but be sure I appreciate and value each and every one of you and your kind words!