Monday, December 17, 2012

Creative Christmas #10: A Holiday Exchange.

"... What's meaningful, are not the gifts we exchange, but the reason why we exchange them."
Excerpts from "The Gift of Friendship: A Holiday Exchange", by Monica Sabolla Gruppo, Somerset Life, Autumn 2012


"Thinking of how busy everyone is during this festive time of year and how stressful it may become when we are caught up in it all, I started asking my girlfriends to just exchange a card for Christmas. Not just any card though- a beautiful, meaningful card filled with words from the heart."


"Not to deprive ourselves from the pleasure of gift-giving, I suggested we also add an ornament; having it displayed on the tree would always remind us of our mutual affection and friendship."


"With these humble presents, my girlfriends and I are definitely exchanging the most precious gift of all, and building up warm memories to shine on our Christmas tree for many years to come".

Find the complete article in this magazine.
Monica x

12 comments:

Dorthe said...

This is such a beautiful idea Monica,
I may ask all my wonderful blogging friends to do just that next year,with me. It is truly so very bussy and stressed this month and november, and it is a great idea.
Thankyou for telling us this,-to courage us doing the same.
Hugs,Dorthe

Dorthe said...

Sorry, I forgot a very importent thing:
Your card and ornament is so beautiful.
xo,Dorthe

La Table De Nana said...

I LOVE these kind of offerings.Our fingers think of the recipient the whole time we make them..
Ils viennent du coeur.

Sandi said...

What a beautiful idea!! So gorgeous and stress free!!
Blessings~

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Not only is this a lovely idea... the ornament is beautiful!!! I'm going to do this next year with a group of good friends! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Zuzu said...

Such a sweet idea! And I love the card & ornament you shared. :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

My Little Home and Garden said...

That is a lovely idea! Each card and ornament would have such special meaning.

domenica.60 said...

What a lovely Idea!
I've just read:
"Our Christmas hearts create the true Christmas atmosphere". W.T.Ellis
Greetings
Franca

Lady Jane said...

What a nice idea. I will bear this in mind for next year. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Cinner said...

Hi Monica, I love the idea, my most prized possessions are my Christmas ornaments. Wishing you a a wonderful Christmas, I will be around more in the New Year. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. hugs.

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

Merry Christmas Monica.
May 2013 be happy and bright.

Niki :)

Liberty said...

Je te souhaite une très belle année 2013, que tous tes vœux se réalisent.