Wednesday, December 12, 2012

True Home.

I have mentioned here before that recently I have switched to a new idea of home, more spiritual than material. For my new readers, my hubby, Kim and I are still camping among piles of boxes (bare necessities and mainly my growing creative stuff), next month it'll be two years that our belongings have been in storage and among several mishaps, we haven't found four walls + a roof to call our own as of yet. You may easily understand why the theme of a home has been around my mind a lot!
Last month or so I started to become sooo tired of this uncomfortable situation that all I wanted to do was screaming. Until this quote serendipitously found its way to me. What I believe is that it was the right moment for me to receive it- I was ready. A second before, and it would have gotten lost.


The other night, while I was working on something totally different that I had to finish for a client, I happened to put my eyes on a dirty canvas from a discarded work, and I immediately felt the urge to make that new idea of home (still swirling in my mind) visible, as a reminder to myself. A girl's face appeared... the imperfections of the background weren't disturbing anymore.


I painted the girl and wrote the quote, slightly changed in the tense, on her neck, to always remember to stick to the true idea of home. 

"Home isn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It is wherever the people who love you are, whenever you are together. Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go."


I added three hearts, symbolizing our three hearts- hubby's, Kim's and mine. Our three names are secure between the layers of paint.



Monica x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love connecting with you!