Friday, January 11, 2013

Joyful Simplicities.

In the depths of Winter, it may be difficult to find joy in the dark and gloomy, cold days and barren outdoors. Along my personal discovery journey, I've found there are many simple things that make me happy in this season.
Among them:
- My handmade organizer and planner, warm and pretty.
- Having tea in a mug I like. Hot and spicy, please (I've discovered I love scented, Christmas blends in the cold months, not only in December).
- My wrist warmers (actually leg warmers, but I use them for my hands and wrists).
- A pencil, to write and write, and plan and jot down whatever I might want to try in the new year ahead.
- A couple of home magazines (Country Living and Country Homes and Interiors are my favorites).
- Daydreaming, and gathering those dreams in a journal not to forget.


And oh yes!
- The rare sunbeams entering through the windows, while outside is freezing!

Linking to Sunlit Sunday :)

Do you have mid Winter favorites? What makes you happy in January?
Monica x