Friday, January 4, 2013

My Book of Grace.

Hello dear friends and readers, hope 2013 started off nicely for you.
I have my "Book of Grace" published in the hot- off- the-press issue of Somerset Life. Is it there a more awesome way to begin a new year?
It's a creation dear to my heart, so I know Christen and all of her staff won't mind if I show here on my blog some additional pictures of it to inspire you to make your own.


I'm so delighted with the photography and the article layout- they captured the spirit of my creation entirely (THANK.YOU).


You can read my whole article on the magazine, but it's basically a "spiritual tool", a way to "work" on yourself and grow in grace throughout the year. It may be placed in a visible spot of the house and used by all your family members and visitors of your home as well. 


I am a vintage girl at heart, and love to incorporate vintage or antique finds in my home decor. So I couldn't resist making a card holder out of a vintage book, as seen on Pinterest. I added my touch by adding two vintage door knobs, and lining the inside of the cover with vintage wallpaper. The rest of the design is very clean and simple. Just a batch of cards with inspiring messages to be rotated at the top of the book.



I am a believer that Grace can be cultivated...












"Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
... I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see."
John Newton
Monica x