Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Last Craft Article.

I'm happy to share here today this lovely article published in the current issue of Green Craft Magazine.
This will be my last craft article- I recently had to make this decision due to some reasons, first of which I have only 24 hours per day and some big dreams to work on...
My work as a licensing artist and photographer is very demanding, and I have decided it's time to take at least one day off work per week. I want and need to nurture myself, enjoy my husband's company more, take care of a "normal" house, and start "moving" more. Mind you, you'll always find me creating here on my blogs and writing, but I feel the urge to dedicate myself to a more inspired type of writing (different from a mere step- by- step instructions and tips on making this and that) and share some ideas I have in my heart and mind. Let's see where this will lead me.  
Now here's what I created for Green Craft! I'm pretty sure you'll love these CD case picture frames, as I do. They are very special to my heart, as I created them with very meaningful photographs of our little family. Sorry I cannot share the tutorial on how to make these here, as for now, but you can find it in Green Craft Magazine.


Thanks Andrea for such a wonderful layout!


A few of our favorite travel memories.

Kim seeing the sea for the first time! This picture taken in France is so dear to my heart.

Added a tag to the front of the jeweled case with place and date.

Text to convey feelings and fix memories.

Me in Cape Cod, one of my favorite spots on Earth.





Beautiful from every angle.

Add a coordinated tag if you give these as gifts.

Monica x

19 comments:

  1. It's such a creative and cute idea!
    I can completely understand you in what you say. We need more time to do every thing and if we don't have enough... a choice is necessary =)
    Good choice, enjoy and be happy
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea (I love green crafts), and good for you for taking more time to live life. It seems that the creative "muse" appears more often when we are rested and happy.
    Have a great day, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where you come up with these darling ideas I'll never know.
    Thank you for sharing.
    You've safeguarded them in the most charming fashion..
    I have a secret..Cape Cod is one of my favorite places on earth too:)

    Cute photos too Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. Great idea too. These would be nice for a office worker with limited space. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravissima!
    Congratulations on been published Monica. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful project, Monica! Very clever and cute and something you will look at time and time again.

    I wish you all the best in the new turn you have taken. We all need more time to follow our dreams and inspiration. Good luck to you!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, such a unique way to keep memories and recycle those old cd cases. Love the one of Cape Cod, I've been there once and love it too!

    I think it's wonderful that you are reprioritizing and choosing time for self care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this magazine on a recent trip to the USA, and was charmed by your article. I hope to create something similar one day.
    Good for you for recognizing where you want to expend your energy and creativity.
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica,mille volte bravissima!Great idea!
    I would travel more to create a marvellous file like yours :)
    Good sunny afternoon
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun and oh so creative idea! You have a lot of goodies in that magical bag of yours, huh?? Can't wait to hear more about your writing that is to come!!

    Hugs to you!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always so happy to see you published Monica. These cd cases are wonderful, just like everything you do my friend!
    You are so deserving of more time with things that of importance. We only have this one life to love and live.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. waue very creative, love themaps, great idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Monica,

    This is such a very creative and fabulous idea and thanks so much for sharing.
    Lovely to see you published in the magazine, well done.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT idea. I want to Pin it.....I wont though without your permission

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monica,

    I LOVE THE CD COVERS! I don't look at "Green" but, maybe I should. LOVE the photo of Kim looking at the ocean. Elle wanted NOTHING to do with it. I think it scared her. Enjoy your new ideas & loves. Can't wait to see what's next. We're moving. Did you see? It's close to where we are now but, still... packing is no fun. HUGS!
    Charlene & ELLE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful design! Glad to hear you're so very busy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely idea for keepsake photos and memories, Monica! I'm not surprised you love Cape Cod. I think sometimes we take it for granted over here, but it is an enchanted place.
    We'll miss all your fabulous craft articles, but surely understand your need to move on. You've got so much to share, always beautiful & always creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!!! Did you have one with Canada, for a future holiday!!!! You are so right, although I love to visit and blog...it seems that takes me away from my work....
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea. I had to stop when it came to Kim and her first visit to the sea. I remember when you posted that. I miss her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a note.
I'm not always able to reply here in the comment section or pay a visit to your blog, but be sure I appreciate and value each and every one of you and your kind words!