Friday, April 12, 2013

What I'm Loving Right Now...

(in no particular order)

Daffodils, daffodils, daffodils! Here in England, you can find them everywhere! 
Both spontaneous and for sale at very affordable prices... so I'm having fun trying different varieties each week.

My new growing collection of old and used books!
Found these all in charity shops.

Cooking (this is frittata with duck's eggs, peas and Parmesan cheese).

Walking and moving. I definitely need it for my back, neck and general well- being.

Market days!!

New friends. Can you believe this was the first time ever I touched a horse?

Wild birds coming to visit each and every day! Pheasants stroll quietely close to our door and windows- well, for  people born and raised in a big city like us, this is exciting stuff for sure!!

Vintage finds! England surely has a "vintage heart".

Having some art stuff with me once again. It feels so, so good!
(We moved with two suitcases, so there was no room other than for my watercolor box!)


Soft pastels. Oh my, I had never tried them and I'm in love!

Shopping with a basket without everyone looking at me like I'm from another planet! ;)

My growing collection of heart- shaped rocks.  These days, I find hearts everywhere!
Monica x

15 comments:

  1. Shopping with a basket: it would be the best for me!
    Hugs
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) You should come to live here, Franca!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is good.....in England...i thought you live in Italy again???...i miss something i believe ...???...love your post.....love you...have a nice weekend....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such loveliness, Monica! So glad you're moved and beginning to put down roots and enjoying new things!

    Moving with two suitcases? Wow! Sounds like quite the adventure!!

    Always a joy to catch up with you!
    Blessings and hugs, sweetie!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely images..I played with my soft pastels yesterday..I LOVE them too..
    My friend introduced me to them..sadly my mom..was such a wonderful artist..in oils and pastels..but she left far too soon to teach me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely Monica, so nice to enjoy the simple pleasures. I hope you land well in England, it looks like you have! The cups are exquisite, and yes I think England does have a vintage heart. Enjoy the countryside! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the market flowers and basket for shopping, Monica.

    I put a wicker basket on my bike a couple of years ago and need to actually get it out of the shed to ride this year! Like you, I plan to move more.

    Have a splendid weekend. You make me want to plan another trip to England.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sense an inner joy in these photos and in your words. So much happy color! Blessings to you on your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What joy! I thought you were on vacation, but it appears you've moved to England - wasn't that always your dream? I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, such a lovely uplifting post. Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images, Monica. I am so glad you are happy.

    I garden with a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice post. Glad you are settling in and can't believe you moved with two suitcases. What an adventure!!!! Love you heart shaped rocks...if you keep collecting you will need another suitcase for them!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Monica,
    Boy have I been out of the loop! I love that you are living in England, and am so jealous - it looks like a wonderful experience. And your little stack of books is simply divine.
    I am also glad you have moved everything back to one blog... I used to get so mixed up I didn't know if I was supposed to be here or there!
    I am looking forward to reading all about your life and times in the countryside...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great rock collection--your photography is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monica, I feel like I have been gone too long from here. looks like you have moved and are getting settled. Your pictures are just beautiful. I loved reading that you have pet your first horse, it made me smile knowing you are out there enjoying your life. think of you often. hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!