explore my site

Friday, May 31, 2013

Joyful Simplicities.

Joyful simplicities... it's just what makes you happy, what makes you content at heart, joyous, well, full of positive energy, in simplicity. You don't have to spend money, you don't have to do big things. 

Today, I decided out of the blue to go back to Burford, a lovely little town in the Cotswolds, after I had been there a few days ago with a dear friend. I know Burford from previous vacations, and I'm now so lucky to live close by, so I can treat myself to a cream tea or a cappuccino and a little stroll there whenever I want.

The scented, wonderful wisteria is in full bloom, so I just had to go back with the "big camera" to capture its beauty. Loving blue, lilac, lavender and all shades of purple, you won't be surprised to know that I love this plant!



The window of this bakery is always very tempting... and I loved the hearts on the tarts.


A little stroll and several photographs later, I decided to sit down for a while and have a cream tea in quiet.

Yes, I have added way more clotted cream and jam than I should- a joyful simplicity indeed! ;))
And look who came to the tea room with me! He was all alone in the window of a charity shop, with the price tag reading "I need a good home please". Could I leave him there? His antique beauty and cute expression won me over for sure!


And then sipping tea, I just had to pause, savor the moment among the gorgeous flowers of the patio garden, and notice all of the Beauty around me- and just be grateful for everything I'm blessed with.


Happy Friday!
Monica x

8 comments:

  1. Liebe Monika,
    wow, das sin so faszinierende Bilder. Der Blauregen da oben sieht einfach märchenhaft aus.
    Hab ein schönes Wochenende
    Liebe Rosaliegrüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend Darling.....love Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your lovely pictures, Monica, we visited the Cotswolds years ago ... I remember Burford.
    And that teddy bear is so cute, I'm sure you're giving him a good home :-)
    Have a great weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica,

    It's been a while since I've visited! Such a lovely post - felt like I was on a mini-vacation.

    Hugs!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful, Monica. It's my plan to visit the Cotswolds . . .
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, I have collected old teddy bears ,and love them too!
    Yours looks totally sweet, and worn , and the flowers are beautiful!!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my gems? Harrods Teddy Bear(my son's gift from London).
    "Some people look for a beautiful place,others make a place beautiful." ... with simplicity, I say :)!
    Have a nice week,Monica
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful day of little blessings, Monica. Your new bear friend is so charming, and you've captured your day's moments so wonderfully.
    I love your postcard notes, too. Wonderful mix of words with amazing images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!