explore my site

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Art in Somerset Studio Gallery.

I'm happy today to share with you this lovely article published in the current issue of Somerset Studio Gallery.

This triptych (Take the Scenic Route), is part of a larger collection of artworks in aqua shades (one of my favorite colors). The triptych has been published split between two magazines (for editorial needs) and one piece was published back in January in Somerset Studio.

I am a great believer of taking the "scenic route". This artwork is a gentle reminder- to always explore and take detours, live in the present without thinking too much of what will be next, and savor deeply each and every step of the journey. There's so much beauty in this.

Thank you to darling Jennifer Jackson Taylor and Christen Olivarez  and their teams, for helping me put my colors, inspiration and goodness out there into the world! A special thanks to Johanna for the very beautiful pictures among vintage travel ephemera :)



Part of the article about the triptych, Take the Scenic Route. Prints available here.
Monica x

5 comments:

  1. So nice..as always and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love aqua too, and what you said about living in the present moment, that's what I'm learning and working on at this point in my life :)
    Hope you have a great day,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the publishing. I will try to get a copy of Somerset studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS Monica!!!! It's always wonderful to see more of your work and revel in your success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Monica - I remember seeing the first one - it's interesting now to see this - and I do love that colour too.
    The idea to use maps for the butterflies is brilliant, and the notion of the scenic route is something I also understand and embrace - a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!