explore my site

Friday, July 12, 2013

Country Flowers of the Month (June).

The month of June presented me lots of flowers to be picked and arranged. Lots of purples, deep blues and even black, and vibrant reds and fuchsia.

In the next post I'm going to show you step by step how to arrange a bouquet and a vase with lots of mixed flowers, while here I'm going to let the pictures and beautiful colors speak for themselves.

When it comes to containers, for me there are no rules ;) if you are one of my regular readers you should know by now that when it comes to creativity, I refuse to be limited by whatever rule. I love to be free and experiment and play!! That's how the best work comes out in my experience. So if it can hold water, or oasis (florists sponge) it's ok for me.

Geraniums, Queen Ann's lace (cow parsley), forget- me- nots (Myosotis), chives (Allium schoenoprasum), Aquilegia.




While strolling around, I found on the road verges these beautiful Aquilegias in different colors...


... and then mixed them with herbs to create a stunning bouquet. I will show you step by step how I arranged this bouquet in my next post.

Hydrangea quercifolia, Aquilegia, rosemary, lilac (Syringa vulgaris).

Here I added daisies (Leucanthemum) and Allium.


Delphinium. Eye catching in a simple, simple bottle rescued from the recycling bin.

A normal bottle can be used for tall flowers.

Peonies.

Crataegus Paul's Scarlet (hawthorn or thornapple).

In a glass milk bottle!


Roses, Geranium, Lonicera (honeysuckle), Antirrhinum (snapdragon), Verbena.
Garden flowers (with shorter stems than those sold at florists or supermarkets) are perfect to be arranged in mugs/tea cups/ teapots.


Monica x

7 comments:

  1. Hello Monica, long time ago I have been here.we went on a holiday and now there is time for visiting some blogs.I love this post. My favorites are the blue vase and the one with the dots. Great ideas. Hugs Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have beeen busy and been having fun and being creative..Love flowers..Thank you for the pretty pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do beautiful arrangements Monica and so many flowers to choose from!
    I love them all but my favorite is the red and pink flowers in the polka dot mug, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers Monica....love from me...x !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love love flowers... these bouquets you arranged are so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue and white footed dish is darling, Monica! I agree, anything can be used. In our home, that usually means there are no cups, pitchers, bowls or glasses in the kitchen – they are all being used as containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica, you must be in heaven with all of these gorgeous blooms, and your design. Is the crowning glory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!