explore my site

Monday, July 22, 2013

From my English Country Diary: Burford.

I particularly love this small village of the Cotswolds...
I live close by, and always love to pop in for a stroll or a coffee, or just to capture the passing of the seasons with my camera.

It's just an ordinary village of the Cotswolds (they're all beautiful!), so I have no idea what fascinates me (and sparks my artistic interest) in the first instance. It may be the sign of The Lamb, with its chalkboard appeal, and the blue windows contrasting against the honey- colored local stone...


... the little gardens bursting at the seams with color and fragrance...


... the rambling roses adorning doors and windows, that always make me want to make a watercolor right away...


... the weathered wooden benches you find at every corner...


... the unexpected details...


... the hidden shops that make you scream with delight...




... the inspiration you can grab along the way...


... the perspectives...



... the creative displays...



... the hanging gardens with incredibly big and abundant flowers...



... the pops of color...






... the almost invisible signs so integrated with the landscape...


... the countless blue doors...



... the house names and signs...


... the surprises you can find on the windowsills...


... the cascades of petals...


... the exciting idea of secret hidden gardens...


... the lace curtains...


... the evidence of Beauty where you don't expect it...


... and the time spent here, sitting quitely with my journal on a garden bench, recording all of these feelings and images that I will eventually share with the world through my work.


Monica x

13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures, Monica! A gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place...the spontaneous flowers are fabolous by the side of the road,too!
    Have a good week, Monica
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for allowing me to go on your stroll through the little Cotswolds village. It was a lovely way to spend time as I sat and ate lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been subscribing to your blog for a long time now and today's post just took my breath away... you do such beautiful photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my it looks like an absolutely enchanting place. How wonderful to be near that. Definitely lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that amazing journey through your lens. It's such a magical place with so much intrique and beauty. Wish I could explore there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed seeing this charming village through your eyes, Monica.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish for a place so beautiful nearby. Your pictures are so stunning!

    xo,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a charming area where you live. Very picturesque.
    Congratulations for the cover on the Country register. This is a beautiful photo indeed.
    And thank you for replying to my comment about red paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to come and visit!!! Miss you.
    Hugs,
    Mags
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monica!

    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these pictures! You have made me so homesick for Europe. I lived in Germany for 6 years and traveled a lot while living there. My FAVORITE discovery while living there, were all the stone cottages with bright doors and window trim. My dream house would be just like that. Your photos are just beautiful and I love going on "trips" with you through your blog.

    Keep traveling and sharing - we love it!!
    Big hugs
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!