Wednesday, August 28, 2013

From my Kitchen: Apple (and Chocolate) Muffins.


Now that apple time is here, you may like to bake these wonderful, moist muffins with a great texture and delicious taste! 
Here's the recipe for you (I have mixed up some recipes I have kept no track of) for 8 small muffins.

Ingredients:
- 225 g (8 oz) plain flour
- 1 bag baking powder or 3 teaspoons
- a pinch of salt
- 60 g (2 oz) margarine (or butter if you prefer- I always use margarine instead of butter)
- 225 g (8 oz) milk
- 2 small apples (peeled and chopped)
- 100 g (4 oz) sugar
- cinnamon to taste or half bar of milk chocolate

 Oven: 190°C/ 25 minutes

Method:
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Put 8 paper muffin cups in a muffin tin.
3. In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder. Add melted margarine + milk. Stir well, then add the chopped apples and cinnamon (or chopped chocolate, not both as for our taste).
4. Pour into the muffin cups.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes (it depends on your oven, keep an eye on them after 20 minutes!).
Enjoy!
Monica x

14 comments:

  1. I've been craving blueberry muffins, but I'd happily try one of these instead, Monica. :)
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made them more than once already, and in my opinion they would be great also with chopped apples and blueberries mixed together! I'll try them!

      Delete
  2. Yammie.....look delicious...i wish i could taste them !!!...love Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They look and sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those spotty paper cups! You can find them in any color and different shapes here! :)

      Delete
  4. Dear Monica, l'ho mangiato con gli occhi!I really enjoyed your muffin!!
    Have a good day :)
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) These are truly gorgeous! I am going to bake some again soon!

      Delete
  5. Thank you to share the recipe Monica. i will try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed them, Helene!
      xo

      Delete
  6. I baked them today for our journey to italy tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe. Have a wonderful week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Have a great time in Italy!
      xo

      Delete
  7. Yum!!
    Will try these....

    Beautiful week to you
    Xx

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful week to you, too, Dore! :)

      Delete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!