Friday, September 13, 2013

New Beginnings.

Maybe because you go back to school always in September in Italy, and start the year anew, this month means "new beginnings" for me. A brand new diary, new pencils and tubes of paper glue, fresh, blank notebooks lovingly covered in kraft paper to be filled with sketches, clippings and whispers...

And eventually this September, after two years and a half living in temporary accommodations, we now have a beautiful, rented, converted barn all for ourselves, and are starting anew in a new Country.

It feels so, so good, to finally be home in such a comforting, joyous and cozy time of the year!

Autumnal wreath for the door I made with wild apples, berries and foliage.

Skylight in my studio, which provides the perfect light for painting.

Sunset from my studio.

Collecting feathers in the gardens.

Holly and all kind of foliage and berries in our back garden!



All picked at home!

Enjoying a coffee outside when the temperatures allow and the sun shines! And it's soo beautiful!

Fortunately period homes in England come with a mudroom!

Making a house a home!

When I had to move several times and buy luggage, I opted for vintage suitcases that now I can use as storage and fit my decorating scheme entirely.

Happy me! :) (wearing woolen hat and warm jacket, already!)

Monica x

17 comments:

  1. I wish you a lot off luck and creative moments in your new home.
    Hugs,
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet of you, dear Marja! Thank youuu xoxo

      Delete
  2. You have such a lovely smile Monica...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are settling in well sweetie, enjoy Autumn :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you, Deborah! Happy Autumn to you, too! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you,Monica for your smile!Every detail of your Post is a joy of Autumn time.Good evening
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you...love the picture of yourself !!!...love from me...x !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so adorable, I love your smile. And I love that you are so happy living in the place you have dreamed of.

    I'll take some cooler weather, can you send some my way?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are adorable! Thanks, dear Meredith!
      As for the cold weather, I'd be very glad to send you some! I'm wearing 2 woolen sweaters at home, today!! Brrrrrrrr...

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you are settled! Be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like your new home is surrounded by beauty! You have inspired me to try to make my own wreath. I must admit, I am envious of your ability to do what you love full time. I am trying so hard with my writing and photographs....thanks for inspiring me to go full speed ahead for my dreams! I adore your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you popped by!
      As for being a full- time artist and creative- I have devoted my entire life so far to it! Through the ebbs and flows, sweat and tears... but I have to tell you, it was totally worth it in the end! Keep dreaming big, and keep working hard with love and passion!!
      The quilt, I totally am in love with it, too! My husband and I gave it to each other as anniversary present this year.
      xo

      Delete
  9. Knowing you are settled, and seeing your big smile makes me happy, too. Wishes for joy for you in your new home.♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!