Saturday, November 16, 2013

From my Kitchen: Marinated Olives.


This is my own recipe for marinated olives, created just playing around in the kitchen and mixing flavors. I had seen something similar at the market, and tried to recreate my own mix at home.

This is not a preparation from scratch. You may learn how to preserve olives and other veggies online or on recipe books. I make this with store- bought olives, while artichokes and mushroom may be home preserved in our kitchen or store bought like those in the above picture.
Dried tomatoes are store- bought as well.

Ingredients:
- 1 small jar (250 g.) herb infused Kalamata and Amphissa pitted olives, you may use just black and green olives of all types and then add oregano and thyme to the finished preparation
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 dried tomatoes
- half a jar (125 g.) artichokes preserved in vinegar, parsley, mustard and olive oil (I used this one)
- 3 whole large cloves of garlic
- ( optional: 1/4 a jar (70 g.) mushrooms preserved in vinegar and oil)

Mix everything in a bowl, and then transfer in a clean jar. Cover with oil. Close and wait one week before using.

Can be served as antipasto with a yummy handmade bread, on bruschetta, with ham and cheese.
I use this, or just oil from this jar, to add flavor to a scrumptious potato salad.

Makes a great Christmas present too. It takes just a few minutes to make, and it's sure to be appreciated!

Enjoy!
Monica x

5 comments:

  1. These sound really good, I love olives, and then with artichokes and the dried tomatoes, Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That sounds like something I would really like. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I love olives x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!