explore my site

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Country flowers of the Month: December Last Minute Ideas with fresh Greenery.

Came December, it's holly and fir galore!

I was happy to find woods of coniphers during my driving expeditions, and so I decided to go there and ask the trees to please give me some boughs for my decorations, those boughs that I would have pruned in my own garden anyway, like I used to do in our old house (we had 7 fir trees).


With them I filled lots of jugs and little vases and baskets around our home, sometimes adding pinecones or cinnamon sticks. I made a simple arrangement on a grapevine heart for the door, embellished with a big bow...



... the simplest of centerpieces to give away to say "thank you"...

Used a grapevine base and a Oasis block soaked in water, to keep the greenery fresh.
Planning ahead, and picking crab apples in September (put in the fridge to keep green and fresh), you'll make these arrangements for close to free!

... the cutest baskets to hold candles (and another for old and new Christmas cards) all over the Holidays...

A similar basket can be given as gift, with candles or other goodies, even just kindling and a box of matches!
It's not the monetary value of our gifts... :)

... so that you don't need rescue them from the cupboards...


Also, added a special, fresh touch to my wrapping...


... and made a centerpiece for our kitchen table.

The fact that we celebrate Christmas and the Holidays in quiet and have no guests at all, doesn't mean our table is not festive. It's a very simple pleasure of the Season and can give you such joy!

Oasis soaked in water keeps your arrangement fresh.

You have to simply insert the twings in the sponge.

All pics taken with my phone ;)

No one of these arrangements took me longer than 15 minutes to make.
Just a few last- minute ideas that will give you and the people in your life much pleasure and delight!
Monica x

5 comments:

  1. great ideas ...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking to make better a brown paper bag ...a fresh touch with a bow is a special idea !
    Hugs
    Franca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity is amazing! Your arrangements have a simple, not overdone, look & feel. Makes for a lovely peaceful welcoming decor. The little tree on your buffet is so sweet!

    Merry Christmas Monica!! Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have that magic touch for creating beauty everywhere. Merry Christmas, my sweet Monica.

    I posted day seven of my Holiday Home Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Monica,

    Lovely to see your gorgeous home at Christmas time - love all the trees and decorations.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you - hope your husband is feeling better and making a speedy recovery.
    Wishing you a bright, healthy and happy New Year
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love connecting with you!