Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Winter Days, an Opportunity to Bloom.











Instead of fighting Winter and the bad weather, I take it as an opportunity to grow.
If you concentrate your attention on the rain (snow or cold, dullness and grayness) you won't be able to see the sunshine (and profoundly savor it for the hours it lasts)!

Therefore, instead of wasting time and mental energy complaining, and focusing on the negative, craving Spring and not living in the present and learning its lessons for how loudly the gale may blow and copiously rain may fall, I joyously embrace the simple pleasures of the season.

And I'm not longing for Spring to come too early! Otherwise, how would I manage to think, create, design, do and finish all of the work I have to do? When the weather is sunny and pleasant, who wants to stay holed up in the studio and work? How would I manage to dedicate myself to various projects, dream big, reorganize corners of my home, learn new things?

I believe winter days, just like hybernation, are a way to rest my mind and body, recharge the batteries for the good season's days ahead bursting with outdoors activities, dedicate time and space to soul searching, inspiring readings, whatever I may want to put my attention to, just devote my time to growth. So that, when Spring and sunshine will arrive, I'm ready to bloom.

Monica xo

13 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Lovely!

xo

Sheila

It's me said...

I hope spring will come soon...i am also ready for....love Ria...x !

Tamara said...

Monica,
I am new to your beautiful blog! I have always loved England and have some English blood. My daughter and I always joke about living there and it's my dream to visit and experience the English countryside one day! Your photos are lovely and I am particularly fond of feathers and flowers. Thank you for a bit of spring beauty on this winter's day.
Blessings to you,
Tamara

Silvina Soave said...

Una belleza las fotos y la acuarela!!!!!
Un fuerte abrazo.

Holly Loves Art said...

Such beautiful posies. Love the yellow and purple together... dreamie! I hope you're well. Have a wonderful day!

Custom Comforts said...

I so very much agree with your philosophy about winter. I often complain about the snow and sure, it would be nice for it to end, but I have made myself a long list of things to do before gardening season starts, and this winter will not be nearly long enough to get them all done. Makes me not mind at all the snowbound days. The endless outside work will come soon enough. For now, I am busy inside my burrow, either working or hibernating. Lovely photos!
Cindy

La Table De Nana said...

I love winter! Knee deep in snow I still love it..I look forward to my gardens..but hibernation works for me..
I am in no rush anymore:)

Abby's Paperie Garden said...

So true dear friend. A difficult task for me at times, but I am working on that very thought. Your photos are so lovely.

XO
abby

Dawna Motz said...

So pretty,,.makes you hopeful that Spring is right around the corner!!

Kassandra said...

What a beautiful thought, Monica! I must confess I´m a winter lover; unfortunately it´s Summer around here and yes, I´m usually complaining about the torrid temperatures, the sand everywhere and so on! But your words made me think that maybe we should stop complaining (about anything, period) and just enjoy the good things of each and every season... Thanks for sharing, I always find lovely things here at your blog.
Hugs,
K.

Prince Snow Farm said...

Oh I just saw this!! How fabulous! Each spring I make arrangements of daffodils, so yours make me VERY happy, as it is so cold here!! The yellow of the daffodils, combined with the purple from the hyacinth, and the white of the narcissus are amazing! Have you ever been to Nantucket? Each April they have something called Daffodil Days. The whole island decks itself out in daffodils and has a parade. I was lucky enough to attend one year…you would be in LOvE!!!! I wish you were closer, as we could have a spring flower "potluck" and create together. THANK-YOU for bringing this cheer to my neck of the woods today.

Twinkle Terrior said...

What a great way to look at it - God bless Monica :)

domenica.60 said...

We have got our best ideas during a pause of our life. The winter days may be the ideal time to buck us up.
Proprio in questi giorni , si sono visti i primi germogli in giardino! After the calm of the winter time, I'm waiting for the flowers of your post!
A big hug,
Franca