Saturday, March 1, 2014

February.


February has been a time of steep growth, filled with Winter simple pleasures, joyful days, plenty of color (both on my worktable and windowsills) and quiet whispers of the soul.

I have sowed sweet peas, and watched them grow, one day at a time, dreamt of a garden, started walking again now that Nature re-awakens, meditating while moving my body, craved solitude and strongly felt the urge to stay true to myself, and acted promptly towards that {with what I feel right to share publicly, who I want in my energetic space, with my art to share joyously and not to sell stressfully}. I joyously welcomed inspiration from a loved one and dear friends, and shared mine, met an unexpected deadline with loads of joy and energy, tidyed up and organized (first and foremost in my mind, that reflected in finding the appropriate, practical solutions for my needs), started a new garden journal for my gardening adventures in a new country, and a "Victoria" journal, I've been wanting to do for so long and never found the time.

Until I stopped and consciously realized we actually have all of the time we need! It's just a matter of choices- when I took the time to clear my mental agenda, asked myself  which was the reason "why" I did something and kept only what I really, really want to do, I started finding all the time to do everything! And much, much more.

Monica xo

9 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

And then it was March:)
Time flies.. so quickly when one is busy in a good way:)
Watching things grow..is one of them:)

Lorrie said...

Lovely thoughts and photos. That issue of Victoria you have pictured has one of my favorite covers. Love blue and white.

Jenni said...

I just love this montage of photos, so perfect for the beginning of spring. It is so enjoyable to watch plants grow from seed. And a new Cotswold garden journal and a Victoria journal sound wonderful :)

domenica.60 said...

"Victoria" !...I took out a subscription in the eighties . A charming magazine , photos and settings like a dream. Sono molto affezionata ai numeri di questa rivista americana, che custodisco con cura!
Have a nice March,
Franca

Susan Hemann said...

I am right there with you, trying to focus on what's important to me, letting go of the rest. I am excited to learn more about your Victoria journal. I have been getting that magazine since it was first published!

Rosabears said...

I love the smell of sweet peas.
It reminds me of my childhood.
Marja

Jennifer Jackson Taylor said...

missed you, but glad all is OK. working myself on resifting my focus and energy to pursue, you know, the good stuff worth working for.

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monica said...

Deleting for your privacy, just emailed you! :)
xo