AUTUMN & WINTER SIMPLE PLEASURES: BIRD FEEDING

⎨Autumn & Winter simple pleasures: bird feeding⎬
As soon as the temperatures drop, it's time to stock up wild bird seed mix, sunflower seeds, peanuts, niger seeds, linseed, dried meal worms, fat balls, and all kind of bird seeds you can think of. And pick up lots of crab apples along the road.

Then, find new pretty containers at the garden centre and charity shops, to fill and display in the kitchen. 

... Bird feeding season has begun!

It's in England that I discovered the JOY of bird feeding, and I got quite hooked with it! While I had casually done this in the past in Italy, the UK has quite a long-standing tradition of bird feeding (and bird watching), deeply ingrained in its culture. People are very passionate about it!





Cleaning all the bird feeders and bird table...



... and getting new squirrel resistant ones (as the adorable small mammals seem to be able to destroy anything!), have become ordinary activities for me.

My bird feeders just last a few days, so I eventually started to buy them at the charity shop :)


This brand new feeder looked like this the next day! :O


There's a lot to learn and experiment with. But the most important thing I've learned in England is that bird feeding is much more than a simple pleasure and a hobby: it's a full time job! LOL

... But oh, so pleasant!

I hope this post inspires you to start.

Monica xoxo

0 comments