PRIMITIVE GUARDIAN ANGEL: ANGEL OF NATURE

⎨Primitive guardian angel: Angel of Nature⎬

Angels are one of my favorite things to make, collect, and display around my home.
I have had many throughout my life, and still have several, despite the fact that I’ve been through a major simplification over the past decade, and I’ve let most of my possessions go, including many of my angels. But, of course, the things we love tend to find their way back to us anyway, don’t you agree? :)

I wasn't surprised at all when this angel doll came out of my pencil while I was designing my patterns.



I create spontaneously and intuitively, and I was so excited and mesmerized when I realized she wanted to be an Angel of Nature!


Her wings made with sticks I collected during one of my most spectacular hikes...


... the just perfect words coming out of nowhere in front of my eyes…



I felt the tender and loving embrace of Mother Nature... her maternal love and protection all around me. Wrapping me in a warm, comforting hug.


My Angel of Nature gathers together all the things I love the most: Nature, inspiration, creativity, and my vintage finds.

The old, tattered, stained, frayed, torn, faded, rusty, cracked, chippy, weathered. It's what I love the most. 

Maybe because of its "imperfection", maybe because despite the challenges it has gone through, it survived. 

And it grows more beautiful with every passing day.

It's the perfect metaphor for life.





You can find the pattern and step by step photographic tutorial for my primitive guardian angel of Nature, here.

Much love,

Monica xoxo

0 comments