SCANDINAVIAN WINTER DECOR

⎨Scandinavian Winter decor⎬
I love the simplicity and ease of scandi decor, and I've been incorporating it into my home for quite a few years now. So today, I want to share with you this idea, so that you can plan ahead your Winter decorations.

It's not hard to get that natural spare look that many of us love so much.

I find that minimal nordic- inspired look so charming, clean and relaxing. I bet you do, too! :) In my opinion it perfectly matches the country / British modern country decor, and so it's perfect in my home. You don't need to live in Sweden or Norway to decorate this way!

Of course, I recreated that look with my own twist, with vintage finds and handmade ornaments and decorations (you'll find the list of tutorials to make everything I share here at the bottom of this post).



I made our gingerbread house, something that has become a tradition in my home. It's almost a decade that I create a gingerbread house every year, and I absolutely love this Winter activity!

I then placed it on an antique oval ironstone plate...


I then grabbed an old pitcher, and filled it with bare branches from the woods.


I used it as a "tree" to hang my handmade ornaments. You can spot here Gus the snowman, the animals inspired by the English countryside, hearts and burlap stars (links to the tutorials at the bottom of this post).

I also decorated the top of the cupboard with my French inspired snowmen. The framed map is an antique map of Oxfordshire.











It's all very simple but makes my heart so very happy!

And it doesn't require a lot of space to be put away after the Holidays or when I decorate for another season!

The branches can be reused or composted, and also the gingerbread house doesn't last, and that makes me happy as well! Since many years now I've been working at highly simplifying my home and life, and a decluttered space is a must for me now!


until next time,

Monica xoxo

0 comments