I HAVEN'T BOUGHT CLOTHES IN OVER 2 YEARS

August 1, 2023


I have been on a mission to simplify my life more and more fully for years now- and I have succeeded in that, I have simplified it tremendously in ways I didn't even believe were possible. 


But I always feel a deep desire in my heart for even more freedom, more lightness, more simplicity. 


And so, a couple years ago, I decided that my wardrobe was way too full for my taste (after having massively and intentionally reduced its size when I moved back from England a few years ago), and I noticed that in a way or another, I was always tempted by the gorgeous and fancy Italian shops to buy new things- so I decided to stop bringing in new stuff. 


I decided deliberately to not follow the route of a shopping ban, of deprivation, but just make use of my intention, and see what happened.


The result? I haven't bought a single piece of clothing or accessory (shoes, bags, jewelry, sunglasses, etc.) in over two years now! And actually, at the end of 2020 I just bought three t-shirts and 5 new panties, and that's it. I haven't felt deprived at all. On the contrary, I felt really free, happy, satisfied, abundant, and that I had conquered myself. 


Because of this experience, I now feel more powerful than ever... and I'm still madly in love with my wardrobe! I don't have plans to buy anything new as for now, but of course I'm open to add a few pieces here and there with intention if my heart guides me in that direction.


If you have a problem with constantly buying new clothes or accessories, or would like to move towards a simpler life, and you haven't succeeded with the deprivation method, then try with mindfulness and intention. "Tomorrow is another day, but as for now, I'm not going to buy this because I don't need it, and I desire a tidy and decluttered wardrobe and life".


And see what happens.


Monica xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a thoughtful note! I appreciate and cherish every single one of them!